Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Catching up

You know how sometimes you stand up, stride out of the room with purpose, and then, within steps, completely forget what that purpose was? I think it happens to cats too. Oz looks like something out of a George Booth cartoon in the New Yorker.
I've had that same manic look on my face since the beginning of August. Around that time, I decided I should photograph all the daylillies for the blog, so that I would remember their various colours for next year, in case I want to move anything around. Here's the one picture I managed to get:
I like the closeup, but it sure doesn't help me remember which of the daylillies it is. Fortunately, the very next photo in the series helped me to ID the location.
It's probably not obvious to anyone but me, but Oz is pointing out that this particular daylilly is in the back border, to the right of the maple, to the left of the pergola-with-the-monster-rose, and just behind the lupins. Intelligent kitty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ozzie, nosing the lupin, has lots of thyme. Lucky cat.