Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th

OK, this is not what is happening in the garden right now, but I've been meaning to post these lovely snow photos for quite some time. Mum took these shots just before Christmas.

Here is early in the morning December 21, after the big "storm":
Later that morning, Colin got busy building the requisite snowman, and then he and his folks had to go catch the Coho back to Port Angeles. The next day, the sun came out, which sent all the photographers in the house scurrying outdoors:
Many artistic shots were obtained:
And the demise of Colin's buddy was well-documented:
I'm happy to report that last Friday, February 6, I bought a (pretty turquoise) snow shovel. I had to do it, it was hanging outside the hardware store in the plaza, taunting me. I knew that if I didn't buy it, a great big snowstorm would roll through. And it has been pretty cold these past few days, but no snow here! (When, in anticipation of the big "storm", I tried to buy a snow shovel at Canadian Tire on December 18, the helpful salespeople could find the inventory on the computer (in silico), but not in the store (in vivo). This sort of sums up for me Victoria's meta-relationship with the rest of Canada.)

No comments: