Saturday, February 19, 2011

What Oz saw

I am rushing around the kitchen, Wednesday morning, getting ready to leave, when I notice Ozzie sitting on the table on the deck, looking all pretty against the little pot of primroses. Aw, just gotta get a photo, so I grab the camera and snap.
Then I realize the reason he is sitting so still, and wasn't distracted by me in the window, is that he is Looking At Something.
Seriously, watching closely!
And here's what It was:
No, that is not Harriet. Raccoon traversing back yard!  Huge! Deserving of kitty respect and close attention!

But wait - Oz is still watching:
Second raccoon!  Equally huge!
"WTF?"

5 comments:

teya r. said...

I wonder if those are the raccoons who used to come in and dine in their younger, slimmer days.

lisarose said...

Oh yes, I think so. They come through the yard pretty regularly, and they also sleep on the roof of the little shed next door in the summertime. Clearly there is much more dining available in our neighbourhood than just O&H's chow.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they'll bring their kittens to the yard in the spring. Little beans!

Other L.

Also, I saw one run across the strata lawn last week too. Maybe a cousin. Was about to let the wiggly pigly cat outside and then thought better of it.

Anonymous said...

OZ. Get. In. The. house.

Jim G.

littleorangeguy said...

I'm with Jim G.

And Harriet, if your tag is anything to go by.